The Society of Scholar-Priests creates space for scholar-priests to engage with others in their unique vocation. Though a diffuse society, fellowship is vital to our flourishing and members are accordingly encouraged to attend the annual SPI/SSP Conference and form local SSP chapters in their deaneries, dioceses, and/or provinces. Members also have special access to the SPI website, including read and post abilities on the job board and the blog.
SPI is a movement in and for The Episcopal Church and the Anglican Church of Canada. For that reason, the following criteria must be met for full membership.
- Members must be clergy (or postulants)
- Members must be canonically resident or serving a parish in The Episcopal Church or the Anglican Church of Canada
- Members must be in good standing with their bishops
We invite pastor-scholars from other denominations to join the conversation and attend the SPI/SSP conferences. Lay people of any denomination are also welcome. If you are interested in becoming an Affiliate Member of SSP, please click here.
- Annual Membership: $50/year (or $5 per month)
- Affiliate Membership: $50/year
- Student Membership: $25/year
All memberships renew annually.
Interested in starting a SSP chapter? Please contact Jason Ingalls at [email protected].